Wanderer's Soul

There will be no secrets here. This will be an unattractively true account of the next four months of my life, however they may unfold. The story, no doubt, is bound to be good. From Montana, where Indian means a loin cloth wearing, tomahawk carrying, warrior - to India where the word Indian is as diverse as the country. It could me Muslim, Hindu, or christian - it could mean vast wealth or shattered poverty, city or village, conformist or revolutionary. It doesn't matter, I want to discover all of it, and I know I'm in for a whirlwind of an experience. I left everything and everyone behind to pursue...something, anything that's different. It's not clear to me how I can have such a wanderer's soul trapped inside a home-body. My soul wandering and wondering, wondering and wandering, but at the same time, loving no place greater than my own backyard. Perhaps as I fill these pages I can learn to bring the pieces together, or maybe they'll never fit. Either way, this journey will be a beautiful one filled with laughter, tears, and hopefully with understanding.

Writing with the truest sincerity, always

0 comments:

Post a Comment